Thursday, April 17, 2014

Awapuhi Wild Ginger

Recently, I wrote about my favorite product used to tame flyaways. I though it would be a good idea to write about the whole Awapuhi Wild Ginger line since it is so fantastic!





This product line from Paul Mitchell came out as soon as I was finishing school at Paul Mitchell. I didn't get a much training on it so everything I know about this line is through trail and error. 



 There are a total of 9 products in this line as well as a keratin treatment done in the salon. 







 Texturizing Sea Spray 


For beachy waves without the sand.


Shine Spray


The best finishing touch to make your style look and feel silky smooth. Perfect for updo's!
  

Styling Treatment Oil
 

 Perfection in a bottle. When you are finished straightening or curling your hair, add this from ends up to the roots for a flawless hold that will keep your frizz tamed and your flyaways grounded. This product will seriously make people want to touch your hair!


 Hydromist Blowout Spray & Hydrocream Whip


 These two products go so well together. Apply both before you blowdry, spraying hydromist first to ensure good coverage and hold, then add a generous amount of hydrocream all over to add extra volume. Blowdry using your hands and finish it off with a round-brush. PERFECTION.


 KeraTriplex Treatment


This is an in-salon treatment for dry, damaged hair. I sprinkle the pre-washed, damp hair with the vial of keratin and let sit for 5 minutes. Next, I add the Keratin Intensive Treatment (a conditioner) and add heat from a dryer. After 10 minutes, we rinse and style as usual. This product is only guaranteed when used in conjunction with Moisturizing Lather Shampoo and Keratin Cream Rinse (both sulfate free) from the same line. 
In my personal experience I notice a huge difference in my clients hair texture. It soothes the hair so it feels silky and relaxed. Not so frizzy. Also, color fading is nearly non-existent. I have a client that used to come in for a color every 3-4 weeks because her color faded so quickly. When we used this treatment on her hair, she only came is ever 6-7 weeks to touch-up her grey. I use this on myself every 4 weeks and my hair has much less breakage so it seems to be growing better.
 

Moisturizing Lather Shampoo.


100% sulfate free. Contains keratin which your hair is made of, to rebuild and repair your hair from the inside, not just adding a layer of wax to make your hair feel smooth from the outside like most products do.



Hydromist Blow-Out Spray


To add an extra bump of volume that you need to last, this product is to be sprayer on clean, damp hair prior to your blow-out. Hydromist is made up of awapuhi and honey extract for the perfect balance of moisture.



Finishing Spray


This hairspray smells amazing, has tremendous hold and doesn't feel stiff to the touch. What more can I say? Oh yea, Can I add that it's UV resistant!


This small line of flower-smelling-goodness is all you will ever need to get the perfect summery beach look that is so hot right now. The fragrances all compliment each other so well since they were all meant to work together. I feel like the products speak for themselves so I guess I can leave this at that.



<3 Brittany Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment