Thursday, August 14, 2014

Face Shapes


I posted this on my Pintest board a while back and just noticed it again. One thing I love about the "art of hair-cutting" is that it can make someone look completely different with just a simple trim or the twist of a curling iron.
Recently I tried bags. I loved them! They made me feel like I had a style. To get super weird on you, I felt like my hair had a purpose. When my hair isn't styled perfectly it throws off my confidence. When it's straight I feel different than I would if it were curly. And when its short I don't feel as pretty as I do when it's long. 
In school I learned a lot about weight. Your hair has the ability to weight your face down. By that I mean: notice illustration 3. The girl's jaw seems to be wider than the girl in illustration 5. If you tend to have a bigger forehead, try bangs. If you have a long face, try a face framing bob to round your face out a bit. If you have a round face, you would need to put the wieght of your hair lower, lengthening your face. 
No one has the perfect face shape (arguably oval) so we, as hairdressers, will take your concerns and customize your hair cut (and style) to you face shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment